Lens Care Guidelines
Regularly Caring for your Lenses
A crucial part of contact lens comfort is regularly caring for your lenses. In fact, the cleaner you keep your lenses, the better you will see, and the more comfortable you will be. To keep your lenses — and the health of your eyes — at their very best, start by reviewing these care guidelines:
- Always wash your hands with soap and water. Rinse completely and dry your hands with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Carefully remove one lens at a time for cleaning.
- Some multi-purpose solutions only require a rinse step for cleaning (rinse each side of the lens with a steady stream of solution). However, your eye care professional may recommend — and/or some multi-purpose solution directions may require — that you rub the lens in the palm of your hand with a few drops of solution. Holding the lens in the palm of your hand, apply 3 drops of multi-purpose solution to each side of the lens surface and gently rub for 20 seconds (since many solution products differ, check package directions for exact rubbing time and necessary amount of solution).
- Rinse lens to remove any loosened debris.
- Repeat rub and rinse (or rinse only) step(s) with the other lens.
- Store your lenses in a clean lens case filled with sufficient fresh multi-purpose solution to cover the lens. Disinfect your lenses for the recommended disinfection period. Disinfection times vary depending upon the manufacturer. Please refer to the manufacturer's instructions on the packaging.
NOTE: Always read the directions for use and safety information on your lens care product and remember to follow your eye care professional's advice when caring for your lenses.