Eye Drops, Gels and Ointments
A number of Canadians suffer from Dry Eye syndrome.
Dry eye is the loss or reduction of the eye's normal ability to produce tears. It is one of the most frequent causes of visits to an eye care professional. A variety of factors may cause or contribute to this problem.
- Medications, including antihistamines, birth control pills, diuretics, cardiovascular medications, pain relievers, and anti-inflammatories
- Eye strain from reading or computer work
- A dry environment
The signs of Dry Eye are:
- Occasional burning sensation.
- Gritty sensations in the eyes that is persistent.
- Decrease tolerance of contact lenses.